Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Morning by Morning, October 7 - "We are the Aroma of Christ"
 Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your words are spirit and life. Speak to my heart as I listen for Your leading and begin my day in the communion of prayer.  ... "For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.... For we are not peddlers of God's word ... but in Christ we speak as persons of sincerity, as persons sent from God and standing in His presence" (2 Corinthians 2:15-17). Like a fresh, hot loaf of crusty, seasoned bread at an Italian grill, break open my heart and dip it in the pure virgin oil of Your Holy Spirit. I want to soak in Your words and sit awhile in Your presence. I want to "taste and see that the Lord is good; happy are those who take refuge in Him" (Psalm 34:8).  

Then I'll be ready to carry the aroma of Christ wherever I go, out into my day. May it be the nature of Your Spirit instead of the nature of my flesh that invites my world into relationship with You -- the God whose presence smells so welcoming and whose words taste so good. "God's kindness is meant to lead (us) to repentance" (Romans 2:4). 

Let my words and my heart, throughout the moments of my day, be an expression of Your words and Your heart that You impart to me as I first soak and rest in Your presence in these morning moments of prayer. "Thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads in every place the fragrance that comes from knowing Him!" (2 Corinthians 2:14) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray the Holy Spirit will soak you in the heart and words of our Father God, then send you out into your day carrying the aroma of Christ everywhere you go, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 
Friends, if you're in the San Antonio area, please come join us at 7pm tonight as I share a message of hope and healing at the First Wednesday Worship and Healing Prayer Service at Oak Hill Church, Crownridge campus. Our Rapha God Ministries team will be joining the Oak Hills team to offer personal prayer ministry for healing of spirit, soul, and body. All are welcome!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!