Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Morning by Morning, June 28 - Running and Resting, "Looking to Jesus"

 Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the Potter and I am Your clay. Mold me and shape more into Your image today.  ... 

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider Him who endured such hostility against Himself from sinners, so that you may not grow weary or lose heart" (Hebrews 12:1-3). 

This race of faith I'm running is more like a marathon rather than a sprint. And it's more like cross-country -- persevering over rough terrain that's constantly changing -- rather than running around a nice smooth track with clearly marked lanes in front of the grand stands with everyone cheering you on. But by the power of Your grace, I do not grow weary or lose heart as long as I keep "looking to Jesus." 

You already "endured" it all. You've already run the race before me. You've already taken my sins and failures, my sorrows and disappointments, every time I've been tempted to grow weary or lose heart, all "for the sake of the joy that was set before (You)." Then You sat down, taking Your seat at the right hand of the throne of God, because You said "It is finished" (John 19:30).

Your race is run. And now You give me the grace to run mine, resting in You. How do I "run" and "rest," Lord?  ... 

It seems I hear You saying in my heart, "My son, you run your race by resting in Me. You run your race by trusting in Me that I have made the way for the fullness of your salvation and for the abundance of your life in Me. As you look to Me, I am changing you into My image, filling you with My Spirit, empowering you with My will to walk in My ways to display My glory through your life. Keep letting me lift off the weights and wash off the sins so you can run your race of faith trusting in Me and My love and My grace for you -- all for the sake of the joy that I have set before you." 

Yes, Lord. Teach me how to rest and to run. Help me grow in my understanding what seems like a tension of both resting and running -- just like it seems like a tension of Your kingdom coming while it's already here and the tension of embracing both the truth that "It is finished," while at the same time trusting with all my heart the truth that He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it, to "continue (Your) work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns" (Philippians 1:6 NLT). 

By the power of Your grace, I will not grow weary, I will not lose heart. By the power of Your grace, I will trust in You and I will rest in You and all You have already done -- forever for me and forever in me. May this bring You joy! It was all for the sake of this joy that You "endured the cross, disregarding its shame" -- all for me and for all who believe." In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May you run your race, looking to Jesus and resting in Jesus -- trusting in Him and all He has done for you and continues to do in you, in Jesus' name! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

 

  
Friends, please keep us in your prayers this week. I'm excited to be ministering with old friends, Brooke and Shannon Barrett, at River of Life Foursquare Church in Berea, Kentucky. Tonight will be the first night of "The Water's Edge" monthly service of healing worship, as we worship the Lord and allow Him to minister His healing love and grace to us. Then for the rest of the week and through the weekend, I'll be teaching on healing and deliverance prayer ministry and joining the prayer ministry team at the Aldersgate Conference of Spiritual Renewal at the Lexington Convention Center in Lexington, Kentucky. I'm excited to see what God will do, in us and in you! God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!