Tuesday, January 23, 2007

God said, "See" 1-23-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Open my ears to hear what You are speaking and open my eyes to see what You are showing for me and my life this day. ... "God blessed them, and God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth.' God said, 'See, I have given you every plant ... every tree ... every beast ... every bird ... everything that has the breath of life, I have given ....' And it was so" (Genesis 1:28-30). Father God, You are our Creator. And in Your sovereignty and wisdom, beyond our understanding, You chose to entrust the dominion of Your creation to us. Though we have stumbled and fallen in the rebellion and pride of sin, You made provision for our selfishness in the self-less sacrifice of Christ "through the blood of His cross" (Colossians 1:20). Now, by Your grace, You continue to call us to "have dominion" over Your creation, but to exercise our dominion in submission to Your will and Your ways, as Your children in the name of Your Son and the power of Your Spirit (Romans 5:1-21). "For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable" (Romans 11:29). As You entrusted dominion of Your creation to Your people in specific ways at specific times, You also taught them the spiritual principle of vision. You told them to "see" what You had given them. When You spoke to Abraham of the gifts and calling You were giving him through Your covenant, You said, "Raise your eyes now ... all the land that you see I will give to you and your offspring forever" (Genesis 13:14-15). You call us to see with the eyes of Your Spirit that You are redeeming and restoring all things. "See, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth, I tell you of them" (Isaiah 42:9). We are blessed to be born in this age of Your grace and power when we can see Your Word coming to pass. "Blessed are the eyes that see what you see! For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, but did not see it, and to hear what you hear, but did not hear it" (Luke 10:23-24). Lord, open my eyes to see with the eyes of Your Spirit. To look and see not only the reality of things as they are, but the reality of things as they shall be -- redeemed and restored, healed and free, in the dominion of Your kingdom forever. "When you see these things taking place, you know that the kingdom of God is near" (Luke 21:31). Teach me to see as You see and to hear what You say, that I can fulfill my purpose in the nature of Your name and the power of Your Spirit. "This Jesus God raised up, and of that all of us are witnesses. Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured out this that you may both see and hear" (Acts 2:32-33). Lord, let me see and hear as I trust and obey. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com