Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Persistent Pursuit of God's Pleasure 1-16-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I don't know where my choices today will lead me, but I want my first choice to be a good choice. I choose to look to You first, before any others, to call upon Your name first, before any others. ... "O Lord, remember in David's favor all the hardships he endured; how he swore to the Lord and vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob, 'I will not enter my house or get into my bed; I will not give sleep to my eyes or slumber to my eyelids, until I find a place for the Lord, a dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob' " (Psalm 132:1-5). David was tenacious and persistent in making Your pleasure his priority. I want that kind of tenacity and persistence. I want David's priority to be my priority. He was a man after Your own heart (1 Samuel 13:14). He opened his heart to be Your dwelling place. He sought You first, above everything else -- enduring the hardships of hardened hearts and misunderstood motives. He kept pressing in and pressing through. He was not perfect, but he was persistent in the pursuit of Your pleasure, in his tenacious desire to honor You with his life. Forgive me for all the times that my pleasure has been my priority, when my comfort has been my commandment. Forgive me when I've been complacent about Your presence. It's all about You. It's not about me. As I seek You first, all I need will be given to me (Matthew 6:33). As I honor You with a heart hungry for Your presence, You honor me with Your presence in my heart -- a dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! this Friday night 1/19 at 7 pm for our ministry's monthly gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship in the chapel of Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Road in Lexington. Come be refreshed and renewed as we drink deeply from the Living Waters. All are welcome! Call us for information at 859-317-1591 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com