Friday, January 05, 2007

Covenant of Salt 1-5-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. With the words of an old hymn, I lift up my heart in worship and prayer to begin this day with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: "Holy, holy, holy. Lord God Almighty. Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee." ... "All holy offerings that the Israelites present to the Lord I have given to you, together with your sons and daughters, as a perpetual due; it is a covenant of salt forever before the Lord for you and your descendents as well" (Number 18:19). In ancient times, salt was a mineral of great worth. It speaks of purity and preservation. The covenant of salt with the priests of God speaks of a calling to a persistent commitment of purity before You. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, but You desire all to have a heart seeking holiness -- a persistent holiness of heart and life, lived out day by day by the grace of Your blood cleansing our sins and purifying our hearts. The priesthood of the Old Covenant is now fulfilled in Christ. And so now it is fulfilled by the Holy Spirit of Christ living through us, the priesthood of all believers (Romans 8:9). "To Him who loves us and freed us from our sins by His blood, and made us to be a kingdom, priests serving His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever" (Revelation 1:5-6). Just as all the holy offerings the priests presented to the Lord were offerings You Yourself gave them to present, all I have to offer You is what You have given me to offer. All that I am and all that I have belongs to You. I am no longer my own, but "bought with a price" by the blood of the Lamb, now living in me as "a temple of the Holy Spirit" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). Anything in me that is holy and pure is only holy and pure by the cleansing of Your blood and the filling of Your Spirit. But through Your blood and by Your grace, I offer my life a living sacrifice in an eternal covenant of commitment to You, preserved forever in the power of Your love and commitment to me. In Jesus' name I pray. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com . Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794