Monday, January 22, 2007

Misunderstand like my Master 1-22-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me lay the foundation for my day as I centered my heart and thoughts on You first and on You alone. ... "The Jews answered Him, 'Are we not right in saying that you are a Samaritan and have a demon?' Jesus answered, 'I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me' " (John 8:48-49). At times You were misunderstood. And at time, so am I. "Servants are not greater than their master, nor are messengers greater than the one who sent them" (John 13:16). People tend to see others in the same way they inwardly see themselves and judge others in the same way they inwardly judge themselves. Wounded people wound people, and rejected people reject people. So the ones who desperately need help often desperately push away the ones who want to help. Lord, forgive me when I've done that to others. Help me forgive those who have done that to me. Help me keep my heart tender and open even toward those who may misunderstand me and wound me. I know it makes me vulnerable and I know there will be times when I need Your healing love to redeem the pain and wounds that come. But this is the example You've set before me and the path You've called me to follow, if You are to be my Teacher and I am to be Your disciple. You endured the suffering of Your ministry for the sake of the joy set before You to come (Hebrews 12:1-2). And so must I, in Your power and by Your grace, in response to Your call. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com