Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fill My Jar 10-28-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of the kingdom of God, King of the kingdom of my heart, I bow before Your majesty and welcome Your intimacy in this morning communion of prayer. ... "Elisha said to her, 'What shall I do for you? Tell me what do you have in the house?' She answered, 'Your servant has nothing in the house, except a jar of oil.' He said, 'Go outside; borrow vessels from all your neighbors, empty vessels and not just a few. Then go in and shut the door behind you and your children, and start pouring into all these vessels; when each is full set it aside.' " (2 Kings 4:1-4). Lord, You give grace to the humble. "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:3). I give to You my jar of oil. Let it be emptied of everything but You. And come fill me up with the oil of Your Spirit. Use me to bring others, emptied of themselves, so they can be filled with You (v. 3). Let me never grow satisfied of seeing Your Spirit fill our lives and overflow into the lives of others (v. 6). Keep reminding me of my emptiness apart from You; keep making me hungry and thirst for more of You. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled" (Matthew 5:6). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for praying for our men's retreat at Camp Loucon this weekend. It was awesome! We were as "David's mighty men" seeking the Lord, being renewed and prepared for battle. I'll be preaching at First Methodist this morning and CrossRoads Community this evening in Madisonville, KY and would appreciate your prayers. I pray for the Lord's presence and power in your churches and hearts as well. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com