Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hallowed 10-31-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart; conform my will to Your will and my ways to Your ways. Where I am confused, teach me; where I am wrong, correct me. Thank You for taking me as I am, but never leaving me as I am. Help me grow up into maturity, one day at time. ... "For salvation is nearer to us now than when we became believers; the night is far gone, the day is near. Let us then lay aside the works of darkness and put on the armor of light; let us live honorably as in the day, not in reveling and drunkenness, not in debauchery and licentiousness, not in quarreling and jealously. Instead, put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires" (Romans 13:11-14). Many in my culture will celebrate this night as Halloween -- some very informally with costumes and candy and some very formally as one of the high "holy" days of their religion. Show me what it means for me to "put on the armor of light," to "lay aside the works of darkness," to "live honorably as in the day" -- this day and every day, this night and every night. Let me not be legalistic, but let me be loyal. Let me not be conformed to this world, but be transformed in Christ. Let me not, necessarily, curse the darkness, but be light in the midst of the darkness. On Halloween or any other day, help me live my life in Your Spirit in a way that says, "Hallowed be Your name" (Matthew 6:9). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com