Sunday, October 07, 2007

Land of the Presence of the Lord 10-7-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my eyes and open up my heart to welcome the gift of Your presence that is laid up for me. ... "Then Cain went away from the presence of the Lord, and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden" (Genesis 4:16). Though You are everywhere, we can turn away from Your presence. Though You are never far from us, we can choose to live our lives on our own terms as if You were not there. Whether it's for a moment or a day or a lifetime, there is a cost for the exercise of our freedom. We forfeit the peace of Your presence, the strength of Your power, and the guidance of Your Spirit. So Your Holy Spirit is always moving on our human spirits to draw us near and bring us home. You created us to yearn for Your presence, to sense the dryness of our souls apart for the life Your presence brings, "so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord" (Acts 3:20). By Your grace, I choose to consciously seek Your face and welcome the refreshing of Your presence into the dryness of my soul. I choose to turn from the inward focus of self-pity and lift up my eyes to Your hills from where my help comes from (Psalm 121:1). I choose to obey Your command and trust Your call to "seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually" (Psalm 105:4). I don't want to wander in my own strength or wallow in my own self-pity, I want to settle in the land of Your presence and drink from the wells of Your refreshing. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com