Wednesday, March 13, 2013


Morning by Morning, March 13 - A Man After God's Own Heart

Good morning, Lord Jesus. In the silence of surrender before You, I watch and wait for the leading of Your Spirit.  ...

"The Lord has sought out a man after His own heart ..." (1 Samuel 13:14).

Lord, I want to have a heart like Yours. I want to be moved by what moves You, to be thrilled by what thrills You. Let the things that break Your heart break my heart and the things that bring You joy bring me joy. I understand the theology of the truth that it's already done for me in Christ, but I also want to live into the reality of that truth in my everyday life because it's real within my heart every day (2 Corinthians 5:17-21).

And the truth is I am not yet fully living into the heart of God with all my life. All my thoughts are not yet fully Your thoughts, all my desires are not yet fully Your desires. All my choices are not yet fully all Your choices and all my ways are not yet fully all Your ways. But I want them to be. I want to be a man after Your own heart.

So I need You to keep changing me from the inside out. I need You to put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. A little more each day, I need You to make me more like You (Romans 8:29). As You are, that's how I want to be (1 John 4:17). "With my whole heart I seek You" (Psalm 119:9). So now by faith and through Christ I declare I am a man after God's own heart. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend,  I pray you would be one who is after God's own heart, passionately pursuing the heart of the One who is in passionate pursuit of yours. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
  
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257