Thursday, March 21, 2013


Morning by Morning, March 21 - "Carry the Cross and Follow Me"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Align my heart and order my steps throughout the moments of my day.  ...

"Whoever does not carry the cross and follow Me cannot be My disciple" (Luke 14:25).

You spoke about "the cross" before there was "The Cross." But the cross You mentioned first was not Your own. It was ours.

Lord, help me understand more deeply what that means. ...

It seems I hear You say, "Your cross is the place of death to your will, apart from the Father's will. Die to self, in this sense, and come alive in Me. You come alive in Me as you allow Me to come alive in you. Follow Me and you will know the Father's will; I and the Father are One. It is Our Holy Spirit drawing you to Us and then abiding in you that empowers you to will this and to do this - to take us your cross and follow Me. There is no resurrection life apart from taking up your cross. But fear not, I have overcome The Cross. And by the power of God's grace, you have too, in Me"

Yes, Lord. In following You to "The Cross," I'm remembering Your words, choosing to take up Your Cross, in absolute trust and ultimate obedience to the Father's will, apart from anything less. "Nevertheless, not My will, but Yours be done" (Luke 22:42, NKJ).

Give me courage to embrace, rather than avoid, the cross You've chosen for me in the circumstances and challenges that I will encounter on the way to embrace Your life in me. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose this resurrection life, so I also choose this cross. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Tommy,  may you be empowered by God to embrace both the cross and the resurrection life He has chosen for you in Christ.  Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
  
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257