Friday, February 24, 2017

Morning by Morning, February 24 - Friends of the Bridegroom
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. My Lord and Savior, mighty God and best Friend -- come into my heart and every moment of my day.  ...
 
" 'You yourselves are my witnesses that I said, 'I am not the Messiah, but I have been sent ahead of Him.' He who has the bride is the bridegroom. The friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears Him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom's voice. For this reason my joy has been fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease' " (John 3:28-30).
 
Just as John was the friend of the Bridegroom to "prepare the way of the Lord" before Your first coming, we are Your friends of the Bridegroom to "prepare the way of the Lord" for Your second coming (Matthew 3:3). One day You will come again on the earth (John 14:3; 1 Thessalonians 4:16). And at the same time, You desire to come again every day into our hearts -- "Christ in (us), the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). 
 
Every day, may we "be strengthened in (our) inner being with power through (Your) Spirit, that Christ may dwell in (our) hearts through faith, as (we) are being rooted and grounded in love ... so that (we) may be filled with all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:16-19). Every day, may we be preparing the way of the Lord in our hearts and in our world, as we "make (Your) paths straight" -- straight to our hearts with humility and hunger, through repentance and faithfulness, in obedience and anticipation for the glory of Your coming (Matthew 3:3; Acts 1:11).
 
As You said to Your first disciples, You continue to speak to all Your disciples of every age, "You are My friends if you do what I command you. I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from My Father. You did not choose Me but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask in My name. I am giving you these commands so that you may love one another" (John 15:14-17). 
 
As Your friends of the Bridegroom, may we be "found faithful" -- all by the power of Your grace at work within, secure in our identity and fulfilling our destiny (1 Corinthians 4:2 NKJV). "When the Son of Man comes, (may You) find faith on earth" because You find faith in us" (Luke 18:8). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you will be found faithful, preparing the way of the Lord in your heart and in your world every day as a chosen friend of our Bridegroom to come, in Jesus' name. My He come soon! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
       

Friends, I welcome your prayers for an outpouring of the Lord's Spirit and power as I continue preaching a series on "Knowing Our Identity, Fulfilling Our Destiny" as the guest preacher at Vineyard Church of San Antonio this Sunday. And I pray for an outpouring of God's Spirit and and power in your heart and life each day! God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!