Monday, February 06, 2017

Morning by Morning, February 6 - "The Image of the Invisible God"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I worship You and welcome You into my heart and into my day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; for in Him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers -- all things have been created through Him and for Him. He Himself is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, also that He might come to have first place in everything. For in Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through Him God was pleased to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross" (Colossians 1:15-20).
 
All the fullness of God dwells in You. You are the image of the invisible God. You are "the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very Being" (Hebrews 1:3). To see You is to see the Father, to know You is to know the Father, for You and the Father are One (John 14:9). 
 
And by the astounding grace of God in the incomprehensible mystery of faith, You live in us by Your Spirit (John 14:17). As You promised to Your first disciples, You promise every disciple, "On that day you will come to know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you" (John 14:15).
 
Just as all the fullness of God dwells in You, that's Your desire for us. You long for us "to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that (we) may be filled with all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:19). In Christ, we are "to be conformed to the image" of the Son of God (Romans 8:29). "Whoever says, 'I abide in Him, ' ought to walk just as He walked (1 John 2:6). "Because as He is, so are we in this world" (1 John 4:16).
 
Come, Holy Spirit -- "Spirit of Christ" (Romans 8:9). Come, Holy Spirit -- "Promise of the Father" (Acts 1:4). Come abide in me that I may be "filled with all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:19). Make me more like Jesus today -- expressing more of the Father heart of God through the love of Christ, as I live this day in the power of Your grace. "For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13 NLT). "And this is the secret:  Christ lives in (me)" (Colossians 1:27 NLT). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May you be filled afresh with the Holy Spirit today -- the Spirit of Christ, the Promise of the Father -- as He makes you more like Jesus each day to display the heart of God through your life into your world , in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!