Friday, February 03, 2017

Morning by Morning, February 3 - "The Joy of the Lord"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me in Your path of life today.  ...
 
"The joy of the Lord is your strength" (Nehemiah 8:10).
 
Lord, let Your joy be my strength today. The joy of the world is fleeting, but Your joy is deeply satisfying. The joy of our flesh flashes a way in a moment, but Your joy remains and endures. Your joy makes my spirit glad. Your joy makes my heart sing. Your joy is my strength.
 
So Lord, what is the difference between the joy of the Lord and the joy of the world?  ...
 
It seems what I hear You speaking in my heart and bringing to my mind is this:  "My son, My joy is an expression of My heart in yours. As you allow the things that delight Me to become your delight, you are filled with My joy."
 
Yes, Lord. But what about all the troubles and struggles all around me in my world every day?  ...
 
"My joy is never unmindful of the tragedy and brokenness of My world. But My joy is resilient because I see the beginning from the end and the end from the beginning. I know that My light always overcomes all darkness. So let the things that break My heart break your heart, but also let the things that bring Me joy bring you joy. My joy in your heart is powerful and strong. Let My joy be your strength each day."
 
Yes, Lord. I'm remembering the words You said to Your first disciples, "I have said these things to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete" (John 15:11). Help me discern and process these words I believe You are speaking into my spirit today. In the power of Your grace, help me grow into a deeper understanding and experience of "the joy of the Lord." In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May the joy of the Lord be your strength today, in Jesus' name. May you grow in the depth of understanding and experience His joy in your heart, knowing it is His will in your life. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!