Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Morning by Morning, February 1 - He "Wakens" His People!
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You're always here -- ready to meet me and greet me, while I simply respond to Your embrace in our morning time of communion in prayer. As I wait and listen, what are You speaking into my heart to begin my day?  ...
 
"Morning by morning He wakens -- wakens my ear to listen as those who are taught" (Isaiah 50:4).
 
You waken my ear as You awaken my human spirit to embrace Your Holy Spirit. You speak Your desires in my heart. You form Your thoughts in my mind. You set before me the next step of my path and give me glimpses of the longer journey as You deem best to guide my course into the calling and destiny You've planned for my life. This is a great inheritance we have as children of God. "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:14).  ...
 
As I ponder Your Word and listen for Your words in the silence before You, I sense You drawing my attention to these words:  "He wakens." What are You speaking to me today, Lord?  ...
 
I believe I hear You speaking to my heart, "My son, I am the God who wakens. I waken My children. I waken those to be My children as they embrace Me as their Father. I waken the bride and the body of Christ. I waken the friends of the bridegroom and the bridesmaids for My wedding feast. I waken My handmaidens and My forerunners. I waken peoples and nations for My purposes and the fulfillment of My eternal plans. I waken hearts and voices, gifting and anointing, calling and destiny in My people who are called by My name in every tribe and tongue and nation throughout My creation. I AM the God who wakens!"   ...
 
Yes, Lord! Stir in my heart! Waken me! Waken Your people! Let us "Arise! Shine! for (our) light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon (us). For darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon (us) and His glory will appear over (us). Nations shall come to (our) light and kings to the brightness of (our) dawn!" (Isaiah 60:1-3). You are our Light; You are our Dawn; You are the One who shines through us (John 8:12; Matthew 5:14). "Christ in (us), the hope of glory!" (Colossians 1:27)
 
Many in our day look and only see darkness and dread, confusion and chaos. Many feel discouraged and defeated, detached from their destiny and down for the count. At the same time, many are excited to see what God will do. But it's those who are asleep that must be awakened. And it's those who are dead that must be raised into newness of life. As Your Word says, "Sleeper, awake! Rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you!" (Ephesians 5:14). By the Word of Your prophecies of hope long ago, it's out of the wilderness that Your living waters break forth and out of the desert that Your streams spring forth (Isaiah 35:6).
 
This is our time to awaken from our slumber. This is our time to arise and shine. This is our time to prevail and pray, to travail and press through (Galatians 4:19; Revelation 12:2). This is our time to advance and not "shrink back," to "overcome" and not be overwhelmed (Hebrews 10:38; Romans 12:21). By the power of the grace of God who wakens us, we will never surrender, never retreat before the enemies of the cross! May the Lamb have His full reward! (Isaiah 53:11)
 
In our hearts first, and then in our land, and throughout our world, may we fulfill our divine assignment for our chosen generation toward seeing Your Word come to pass:  "The God of peace will shortly crush Satan under your feet" that "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!" (Romans 16:20; Revelation 11:15 NKJ) As You waken us, awaken the dream and the promise of the coming day when "the earth will be filled the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea!" (Habakkuk 2:14; Isaiah 11:9) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will be awakened by the One who wakens His people in every tribe and tongue and nation in their generation to fulfill His plans and their destiny, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. I join my prayers with yours for a great wakening in our hearts, in our land, and in our world to let His glory shine through us until His glory fills the earth as the waters cover the sea! God bless you, my friend!



Friends, I'm excited to be sharing the message at the First Wednesday Worship and Prayer Service tonight at Oak Hills Church, Crownridge in San Antonio. Come join us if you can at 7pm. All are welcome! Our Rapha God Ministries team will be joining the Oak Hills Church prayer team to offer personal prayer ministry for all who come. www.oakhillschurch.com



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!