Tuesday, March 16, 2021

“Come. Follow Me.” - March 16, 2021

 

Morning by Morning, March 16 - “Come. Follow Me.”

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice, for Your sheep hear Your voice and Your disciples follow Your leading. ...

As I wait and watch with the eyes of my heart and the ears of my spirit, I sense You saying, “Come. Follow Me.” ...

Yes, Lord. This Word comes to mind: “Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said, ‘You lack one thing; go, sell what you own, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow Me” (Mark 10:21).

To come and follow You means to quit following the lesser things that take up our time and our treasure. To come and follow You means there’s a shifting in our priorities and a renewed focus of our perspectives. There’s a realignment of our realities and a redistribution of our resources. And at the heart of it is all is a change in our heart to direct our first love to the One who first loved us.

I’ve heard Your “Come. Follow Me.” before. I was a trial lawyer and You called me to a full time focus of ministry. I was in Texas and You called me prepare for ministry in Kentucky. I was in ministry in Kentucky and You called me to come back home to Texas. And so many other places in my heart, in my thinking, in my understanding of who I am in light of Who You are, where You’ve continued to call me every step of the way, “Come. Follow Me.” I’ve not always heard You clearly, but I can say I’ve always loved You dearly. And I thank Your loving me so dearly to keep forgiving me, teaching me, and leading me on this adventure of a lifetime.

So, Here I am, Lord. Ready to come and follow You, wherever You lead. Everything’s always an adventure of faith with You! 

A friend was telling me just the other day that Your word is a lamp to our feet and not a spotlight. Most of the time, it’s just enough light of revelation to see the next step, not the whole journey or even much of the path just up ahead. Maybe we’d find it harder to go if we really knew what all is set before us. Maybe that’s why we walk by faith and not by sight on this journey with You.

But I’ve learned this much along the way and every day of trying my best by the power of Your grace to “Come. Follow You.” It’s way better to trust in Your wisdom than my wisdom, Your ways than my ways, Your plans than my plans. For Your ways are higher than my ways and Your thoughts are higher than my thoughts (Isaiah 55:9). For Your plans for me always good and full hope for my future (Jeremiah 29:11). And it’s way better to trust in the One who sees the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end, instead of trying to trust in the self-centered, self-limiting, and so often self-defeating plans of one who can only see in a mirror dimly on this side of eternity (Isaiah 46:10; 1 Corinthians 13:12).

A fool trusts in his own way, but a wise person gets off his rear and gets his gear to get up and go without looking back when he hears the Master say, “Come. Follow Me.” Maybe that’s not quite a Proverb, but it sure is the truth.

So I can tell You’re up to something. Some say another one of Your names is “Jehova Sneaky.” But I’ve read Your Book and taken a look at Your sneak previews of things to come, so I say, “I’m all in. I’m all Yours. Where else would I go? I have decided to follow You. No turning back. I’m answering Your call, whatever it is, to Come. Follow You. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you hear and answer the call of Jesus however He is speaking to your heart, "Come. Follow Me." in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you! 

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:

Join us and Pray for us!
Some of Our Upcoming Events:

Starting Tonight, March 16th
Tuesday Night Series teaching Life Transformation Course
live in person every week at the Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas beginning Tuesday Night, March 16th at 6:30 (This week, not nexts week, as I said by mistake earlier).
Based on the principles of my book Free to Be Like Jesus!

March 19-20th 
Speaking at Voice of Joy Ministries' 2021 Spring Conference hosted at Cornerstone Church, Danville, Kentucky. 
Contact Pastor Amy Barkman: amyb_love@att.net

March 21st 
Preaching Sunday morning at All Nations UMC Church, 
Nicholasville, Kentucky.
Contact Pastor Hunn Choi: moc.nsm@iocnnuh

March 23rd
Speaking for Pakistan Pastors and Leaders Conference through our Skype Internet Ministry.

March 23rd
Teaching by Zoom on Inner Healing & Deliverance Ministry for leaders of MorningStar Ministries Connect Groups. Eight week series. 

March 25th
Continue Teaching Healing Prayer Ministry by Zoom for Coker United Methodist Church San Antonio, Texas prayer team. Eight week course.

March 26-27th
Mens' Retreat at Cowhead Creek Ranch, Kerrville, Texas

April 18th
Preaching the Sunday Services at the Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas

May 14-16th
Keynote Speaker at 2021 Spring Conference of Central Texas Area Aglow in Kerrville, Texas featuring international worship leader Terry MacAlmon in an outdoor worship evening Friday Night at the Empty Cross at Kerrville Coming King Prayer Garden.
Contact Christina Roberts at christinaroberts@att.net
Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries
"Preparing the Way of the Lord"
Free to Be Like Jesus
—Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance
Morning by Morning, 365 Day Prayer Devotional for Deeper Intimacy with God