Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Prepare the Way of the Lord!” - March 10, 2021

 

Morning by Morning, March 10 - “Prepare the Way of the Lord!”

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me begin this day and every day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. ...

“The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
‘Prepare the way of the Lord;
Make straight in the desert
A highway for our God.
Every valley shall be exalted
And every mountain and hill brought low;
The crooked places shall be made straight
And the rough places smooth;
The glory of the Lord shall be revealed,
And all flesh shall see it together;
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken’” (Isaiah 40:3-5 NKJV).

I hear in my heart this morning, “Prepare the way of the Lord! Prepare the way of the Lord!” ...

Yes, Lord. That’s been the heart of my calling and focus of ministry for nearly twenty-five years -- to “Prepare the way of the Lord” in the hearts of Your people, to prepare the body and bride Christ for the coming of our King, not just on the earth at the second coming of Christ, but also in our hearts every day between now and then through prayer and inner healing and spiritual freedom, ministering the healing love of God in the powerful name of Jesus, at home and abroad. It’s been my yearning desire to see the nature of Christ formed in me and in Your people, growing up to maturity, set free from all that would hold us back from being all You created us to be (Galatians 4:19).

What are You speaking to me this morning in this cry I hear in my heart? ...

I believe I hear You saying: “This is a new season of preparation. A season of deeper preparation. More thorough preparation. My people are more desperate for change, more desperate for hope, more desperate to pursue Me and My Spirit in their hearts that I may make a difference in their lives and in their world. But there are high places in their hearts that must be brought low. There are low places in their spirits that must be lifted up. There are crooked places in their paths and in their ways that must be made straight. And only I can do that. They must turn to Me and yield to Me and allow Me to uproot and remove everything in them that is not yet like Me, that I can fill them afresh with My Spirit and display My glory through their lives. I am releasing this fresh anointing of My Presence and My power to “Prepare the way of the Lord” in this new season of preparation.” ...

Yes, Lord. Let it be so in me. As You do this in me -- more deeply than ever before -- do this through this ministry You’ve entrusted to me more powerfully than ever before. “Prepare the way of the Lord” in me and through me, by Your Spirit. 

Bring down the high places of pride that would rise up in resistance and rebellion to Your authority in our lives. Lift up the law places of depression, discouragement, hopelessness, confusion, and despair. Make the crooked places straight in our hearts, our thoughts, our desires, and our actions so we can walk in righteousness and holiness of heart and life in You by the power of Your Holy Spirit at work within us (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24). “Christ in (us), the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27).

Father, set us free from all that would hold us back from being all You created us to be. Set us free from our sins and sorrows, our wounds and regrets, our strongholds and chains, our lies and false beliefs, and all that’s less that who You say we are and all You’ve created us to be by the power of Your grace. Set us free to be like Jesus in our world, with His character in our hearts and His power in our words and prayers in the authority of His name! Yes, Lord -- Free to be like Jesus! “Because as He is, so are we in this world” (1 John 4:17)

Father, You’ve sent Your Holy Spirit to prepare a holy bride for the coming of the King of Glory, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Prepare the way of the Lord! Prepare the way of the Lord in me, in us, in our world! “The Spirit and the bride say ‘Come!’” (Revelation 22:17) In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may our Father send His Holy Spirit to prepare the way of the Lord in your heart for the coming of our King Jesus today and every day, in you and through you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you! 

Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:
Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries
"Preparing the Way of the Lord"
Free to Be Like Jesus
—Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance
Morning by Morning, 365 Day Prayer Devotional for Deeper Intimacy with God