Friday, March 19, 2021

In It to Win It! - March 19, 2021


 

Morning by Morning, March 19 - In It to Win It!

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me hear what You’re saying and go where You’re leading, as I seek to begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. ...

“Do you not know that in a race the runners all compete, but only one receives a prize? Run in such a way that you may win it” (1 Corinthians 9:24).

We’re in a spiritual race. We’re in a spiritual war. But whether we’re running our race or fighting our war, we’re in it to win it!

And we win it when we’ve allowed You to make us like You. We’re in this world to be “conformed” into the image of the Son of God (Romans 8:29). As You are so are we to be in this world (1 John 4:17). As we behold You -- in worship, trust, and surrender of every area of our lives -- You are changing us, transforming us, by Your Spirit into Your image “from glory to glory” (1 Corinthians 3:17-18). We’re learning to love and becoming like the One who is Love (1 John 4:8).

We’re running this race “looking the Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith” (Hebrews 12:1-2). We’re fighting this war in the battlefield of our souls and on the frontlines of the war of good and evil, truth and lies, right and wrong following “the Commander of the army of the Lord” (Joshua 5:14).

By the power of Your grace, I’m in it to win it! As the Apostle Paul expressed in the midst of his running his race and fighting his battles:

“Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do:  Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:12-14). 

Through the victory of the cross, You’ve already won this race and this war in victory for me (Colossians 2:13-15). And now, by the power of Your grace at work within me, may I take hold of all You’ve done as You keeping taking hold of all I am. I’m in it to win it because You’ve already won it for me! In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you take hold of the One who has taken hold of you, as you run your race and fight your battles, looking to Jesus in the power of His Spirit, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you! 

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:

Join us and Pray for us!
Some of Our Upcoming Events:

March 19-20th 
Speaking at Voice of Joy Ministries' 2021 Spring Conference hosted at Cornerstone Church, Danville, Kentucky. 
Contact Pastor Amy Barkman: amyb_love@att.net

March 21st 
Preaching Sunday morning at All Nations UMC Church, 
Nicholasville, Kentucky.
Contact Pastor Hunn Choi: moc.nsm@iocnnuh

March 23rd
Speaking for Pakistan Pastors and Leaders Conference through our Skype Internet Ministry.

March 23rd
Teaching by Zoom on Inner Healing & Deliverance Ministry for leaders of MorningStar Ministries Connect Groups. Eight week series. 

March 25th
Continue Teaching Healing Prayer Ministry by Zoom for Coker United Methodist Church San Antonio, Texas prayer team. Eight week course.

March 26-27th
Mens' Retreat at Cowhead Creek Ranch, Kerrville, Texas

Tuesday Nights
Tuesday Night Series teaching Life Transformation Course
live in person every week at the Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas beginning Tuesday Night, March 16th at 6:30 
Based on the principles of my book Free to Be Like Jesus!

April 18th
Preaching the Sunday Services at the Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas

May 14-16th
Keynote Speaker at 2021 Spring Conference of Central Texas Area Aglow in Kerrville, Texas featuring international worship leader Terry MacAlmon in an outdoor worship evening Friday Night at the Empty Cross at Kerrville Coming King Prayer Garden.
Contact Christina Roberts at christinaroberts@att.net
Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries
"Preparing the Way of the Lord"
Free to Be Like Jesus
—Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance
Morning by Morning, 365 Day Prayer Devotional for Deeper Intimacy with God