Thursday, March 04, 2021

“God Himself Will Provide” - March 4, 2021

 

Morning by Morning, March 4 - “God Himself Will Provide”

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me close to You. Never let me go. Lead me in Your ways and make me more like You today. ...

“Isaac said to his father Abraham, ‘Father!’ And he said, ‘Here I am, my son.’ He said, ‘The fire and the wood are here, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?’ Abraham said, ‘God Himself will provide the lamb for a burnt offering, my son’” (Genesis 22:7-8).

Your Word says, “God tested Abraham” (Genesis 22:1). And so many times our questions test us, just as the questions of those entrusted to our love and care can test us. Our wonderings about where our provision will come from, where our hope will come from, where our clear guidance and blessed assurance will come from all try us and test us to see where we’ll turn and to whom we’ll turn.

The questions of Isaac tested the faith of Abraham. But as “the father of all who believe” -- the father of our faith -- Abraham responded in a faith that trusted the character and nature of our God, no matter what his present circumstances looked like (Romans 4:16). He was teaching us through his testing to “walk by faith, not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7). He was teaching through his testing how to “follow the example of the faith that our ancestor Abraham had” (Romans 4:12).

Abraham’s response of faith -- “God Himself will provide” -- is the response of faith that passes every test. It’s the response that opens the doors of our hearts and the windows of heaven for all we need to get us through every question we have -- trusting in the character and nature of our God that we continue to learn through every test.

“Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let (my) foot slip -- He who watches over (me) will not slumber. Indeed, He who watches over (me) will neither slumber nor sleep” (Psalm 121:1-4).

“My God shall supply all (I) need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen!” (Philippians 4:19-20)

“Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing” (Psalm 34:10).

Thank You for the freedom to ask the questions, Father. And thank You for the grace to trust You in faith -- first for who You are and then for every good thing I need. As Abraham learned and forever declared, for himself for all who believe, “God Himself will provide” (Genesis 22:8). In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you grow in faith and trust in the Lord your God to personally provide all you need according to His riches in glory, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you! 


Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:
Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at: