Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Coming Up to the Mountain of God’s Presence Every Morning - March 24, 2021

Morning by Morning, March 24 - Coming Up to the Mountain of God’s Presence Every Morning

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind, Your desires in my heart, and Your words in my mouth, as I seek to be more like You today. ...

“When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. Then He began to speak, and taught them, saying: Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven....” (Matthew 5:1-3).

You began to speak and teach when Your disciples followed You up to the mountain to come sit in Your Presence to listen for Your voice.

These first moments of my morning are my mountain-top encounters with You, Lord Jesus. I come up here with You. And I welcome the Presence of Your Spirit down here in my spirit in the communion of prayer, in the intimacy of worship, as I abide in You and You abide in me (John 15:4).

You speak to my spirit. You teach me Your truth and lead me in Your ways. You reinforce the bond of love and trust, as You rekindle the flame that never goes out and consumes my soul.

It doesn’t matter where I am physically -- a few days ago I was in a little upper loft of a pastor’s home in Kentucky; this morning I’m tucked away in a friend’s sculpting studio over in the hill country of Texas. What matters is where I am spiritually -- seeking Your face, listening for Your voice, embracing Your Spirit, as I come up here to the mountain of Your Presence -- spirit to Spirit, heart to Heart, deep to Deep. Every morning You fulfill Your Word, “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you” (James 4:8).

Then what begins in these first moments of my morning continues on throughout the moments of my day. Step by step, moment by moment, You guide my heart and direct my paths along this adventure of faith for another day. And it all begins when I first take a little time to come up here to the mountain with You. 

“O God, You are my God; early will I seek You” (Psalm 63:1). “My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up” (Psalm 5:3). “Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I entrust my life.... Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; may Your good Spirit lead me on level ground” (Psalm 143:8-10). Your “steadfast love” never ceases and the tender mercies of Your ever-abiding Presence are “new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:22-23). In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you encounter the Living Presence of the Living God every morning and throughout the moments of your day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you! 

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:

Join us and Pray for us!
Some of Our Upcoming Events:

March 26-27th
Mens' Retreat at Cowhead Creek Ranch near Kerrville, Texas

April 18th
Preaching the Sunday Services at the Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas

May 14-16th
Keynote Speaker at 2021 Spring Conference of Central Texas Area Aglow in Kerrville, Texas featuring international worship leader Terry MacAlmon in an outdoor worship evening Friday Night at the Empty Cross at Kerrville Coming King Prayer Garden.
Contact Christina Roberts at christinaroberts@att.net

Tuesday Nights
Teaching Life Transformation Course live in person every week at the Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas from 6 to 8:00. All are welcome to come join us at any time along the course. Based on the principles of my book Free to Be Like Jesus!

Tuesday Mornings
Teaching by Zoom on Deliverance Ministry for leaders of MorningStar Ministries Connect Groups. Ten week series.

Thursday afternoons
Continue Teaching Healing Prayer Ministry by Zoom for Coker United Methodist Church San Antonio, Texas prayer team. Eight week course.
Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries
"Preparing the Way of the Lord"
Free to Be Like Jesus
—Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance
Morning by Morning, 365 Day Prayer Devotional for Deeper Intimacy with God