Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Following Jesus in the Journey to Be More Like Him = August 16, 2022

 

Morning by Morning, August 16 - Following Jesus in the Journey to Be More Like Him
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me where You will -- in my heart and on the path You’ve chosen for me today. ...
 
“When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, ‘Simon son of John, do you love Me more than these?’ He said to Him, ‘Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Feed My lambs.’ A second time He said to him, ‘Simon son of John, do you love Me?’ He said to Him, ‘Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Tend My sheep.’ He said to him the third time, ‘Simon son of John, do you love Me?’ Peter felt hurt because He said to him the third time, ‘Do you love Me?’ And he said to Him, ‘Lord, You know everything; You know that I love You.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Feed My sheep. Very truly, I tell you, when you were younger, you used to fasten your own belt and to go wherever you wished. But when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will fasten a belt around you and take you where you do not wish to go.’ (He said this to indicate the kind of death by which he would glorify God.) After this He said to him, ‘Follow Me’” (John 21:15-19).
 
Some would say You asked Simon Peter three times if he loved You because he needed to be restored in his heart for the three times he denied You. Some would say it was because Simon Peter needed to be reminded in his heart that he really did love You enough to obey You and follow You wherever You led him to go, whether he wanted to or not. Some would say it was a little of both, or maybe even a lot of both.
 
It seems to me You were pressing deeper, layer by layer, liking pealing the layers of an onion, to get down to the deeper places of Peter’s hurt so You could get down to the deeper places of Peter’s healing and restoration. You weren’t asking the questions because You didn’t know the answers. Even in his hurt, Peter knew “You know everything.” No, You asked the questions to reveal and to heal, to remove what needed to go and replace it with what he needed -- in that moment and for the journey of the path ahead. And You wanted him to know that both his identity and his destiny, his calling and his purpose, his experiences of past, present, and future were all grounded in his relationship of love with You.
 
In his healing process, Simon Peter was tempted to compare himself and
his situation with others, like when he then asked You, "What about (John)?" (v.21). But You simply replied, "What is that to you?" (v. 23). In other words, it seems to me You were saying, "I know what you need better than you do. And what you need is different than what someone else needs. Trust Me. Love Me. Follow Me. And if you do, your life and even your death will "glorify God" (v. 19).
 
Give me that grace, Lord Jesus. Give me the courage and faith to trust You,
to love You, and to follow You -- even to the places I "do not wish to go." But by Your grace, I will go, because I know You go with me and You are for me and want to see me "glorify God" with my life and even my death.
 
Let the promises of Your Word be formed in me and the presence of Your Spirit live through me: “For (I) have died, and (my) life is hidden with Christ in God” (Colossians 3:3). “It is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me” (Galatians 2:20).
 
Step by step, layer by layer, deep to deep and heart to heart, on this journey of my path centered in my relationship of love with You, You are making known to me “the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in (me), the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27).
 
Free me from the temptation of comparing myself and the journey of my path with anybody else. And by Your grace, let me be found faithful to follow You -- in my healing and my calling, in my Blood-sealed identity and
my Spirit-led destiny. Let me know and trust You are with me and You are for me -- in my living and my dying, in my going and my coming, wherever You lead me and call me to follow. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be grounded in God's Word and filled with God's Spirit, as you follow Jesus on the path of your journey to be more like Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

Messiah Ministries Mailing Address:
412 S. Adams Street #148
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:
Please Keep us in Prayer for These
Messiah Ministries Events

Sign Up Today for September 10th!
Celebration Fundraiser for Messiah Ministries
Dinner and Auction Hosted in Fredericksburg, Texas
at The Venue at Rafter E Ranch

Exciting Auction Items Donated
(John Bennett Sculpture, Hunting Lodge Stay, Fine Jewelry, Weekend Vineyard Getaway, Handmade Quilt, Spa Package and much more!)
Christian Comedian Barry Moffitt
Testimonies of God's Glory!

Get Your Ticket Today
on our Eventbrite Page:

Sponsor a Table or Get Information:

We know all our friends are not able to join us,
but please prayerfully consider joining us with Your prayers and regular support:
Partner in Ministry with Us!


August 18-30
Our Next Ministry Trip to Mexico in Torreon, Morelia, and Patzcuaro, with Pastor Fernando Tovar and our ministry partners at Morelia House of Prayer and Rey de Reyes Iglesia!

September 1-3
Teaching our Level 1 Weekend Intensive School of Ministry, in Lampasas, Texas for interdenominational, city-wide teams of healing and deliverance prayer ministry.
Based on the principles of my books:
Free to Be Like Jesus! — Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance and
First the Spirit — Right Alignment of Spirit, Soul, and Body

September 10
Celebration Fundraiser for Messiah Ministries!
Hosted in Fredericksburg, Texas at The Venue at Rafter E Ranch.
Please click the Links Above for a Ticket and Information.

September 11
Starting a 6 Weeks Equipping Series at Bridge Church same time as the 9:00 Service as part of the discipleship plan at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas.
6 Week Survey Freedom Equipping Course: Based on my Book Free to Be Like Jesus. All are Welcome.

September 13
9 Month Weekly Freedom Equipping Course: Based on my Book Free to Be Like Jesus at Bridge on Tuesday Nights at 6:00 at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg. All are welcome.

October
Revival at the Barn Being Rescheduled for Spring

October 21-23
Mens' Retreat in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri, where I'll be teaching and equipping on Freedom Prayer Ministry.

November 17-19
Teaching our Level 2 Weekend Intensive School of Ministry in Lampasas, Texas

Wednesday Mornings
Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Inner Healing and Deliverance Ministry Sessions for the Online Connect Groups from around the world.

Personal Ministry Appointments
Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute
Free On-line Video Series
Setting Hearts Free!
My Core Teaching and Ministry