Monday, August 08, 2022

New Beginnings on 8/8 - August 8, 2022

 

Morning by Morning, August 8 -- New Beginnings on 8/8
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out the authority of Your name and listen up for the leading of Your Spirit -- “the Spirit of Jesus” who guides my heart within me and directs my steps before me (Acts 16:7). ...
 
As I write down the date in my prayer journal today, I notice it’s August 8th -- 8/8. What comes to mind is the prophetic meaning of the number 8, which speaks of “new beginnings.” A few Scriptures come to mind:
 
After 6 days of creation, God rested on the 7th day; and a new beginning began for us on the 8th day (Genesis 2:1).
 
Following the Great Flood, eight people were saved for a new beginning of life in the days of Noah and his family (Genesis 7:13; 1 Peter 3:2).
 
On the 8th day, Jesus, along with every Jewish son, was circumcised and dedicated (Luke 2:21), just as we receive a spiritual “circumcision of the heart” and a new beginning with our new birth in Christ (Romans 2:29; John 3:3).
 
And on the 8th day of the Feast of Tabernacles, set apart as a holy day of assembly after 7 days of feasting when the symbolic jar of water was poured out at the temple, “Jesus was standing there (and) cried out, ‘Let anyone who is thirsty come to Me, and let the one who believes in Me drink. As the Scripture has said, ‘Out of the believer’s heart shall flow rivers of living water.’ Now He said this about the Spirit, which believers in Him were to receive” (John 7:37-39). The Holy Spirit in us transforms us for our new beginning in Christ (Romans 8:9).
 
Thank You for the grace of new beginnings. Thank You for Your Promise, “See, I am making all things new” (Revelation 21:5). Thank You for the hope You’ve put within us that “If anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; look, new things have come into being! All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
 
On this 8th day of the 8th month, I embrace by Your grace this new day of new beginnings, as the prophecies of Isaiah rise up in my spirit:
 
“See, the former things have come to pass,
    and new things I now declare;
before they spring forth,
    I tell you of them.
Sing to the Lord a new song,
    His praise from the end of the earth! (Isaiah 42:9-10)
 
“For a long time I have held My peace;
    I have kept still and restrained Myself;
now I will cry out like a woman in labor;
    I will gasp and pant....
I will lead the blind
    by a road they do not know;
by paths they have not known
    I will guide them.
I will turn the darkness before them into light,
    the rough places into level ground.
These are the things I will do,
    and I will not forsake them” (Isaiah 42:14-16).
 
“Do not remember the former things
    or consider the things of old.
I am about to do a new thing;
    now it springs forth; do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
    and rivers in the desert.
The wild animals will honor Me,
    the jackals and the ostriches,
for I give water in the wilderness,
    rivers in the desert,
to give drink to My chosen people,
     the people whom I formed for Myself
so that they might declare My praise!” (Isaiah 43:18-21).
 
I do declare Your praise, my Lord! God of new beginnings, begin “a new thing” in me. I’m one who is “thirsty” for You and Your Spirit and all You have for me, as You “make all things new.” I sing to You “a new song” as Your Rivers of Living Water rise up and flow out of me, like “water in the wilderness” and “rivers in the desert.” Even a “double” portion on this day of 8/8 (Isaiah 61:7). In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you thirst for Jesus and the Living Waters of His Spirit, as the Lord does a new thing in you on this double portion day of new beginnings, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

Messiah Ministries Mailing Address:
412 S. Adams Street #148
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:
Please Keep us in Prayer for These
Messiah Ministries Events

Save the Date! — September 10th!
Celebration Fundraiser for Messiah Ministries
Dinner and Silent Auction Hosted in Fredericksburg, Texas
at The Venue at Rafter E Ranch
Get Your Ticket Today
on our Eventbright Page:

Sponsor a Table or Get Information:

Partner in Ministry with Us!

August 11
Our Monthly Pakistan Evangelistic Crusade through our Skype Internet Ministry.

August 18-30
Our Next Ministry Trip to Central Mexico in Torreon, Morelia, Patzcuaro, and San Miguel with Pastor Fernando Tovar and our ministry partners at Morelia House of Prayer and Rey de Reyes Iglesia!

September 1-3
Teaching our Level 1 Weekend Intensive School of Ministry, in Lampasas, Texas for interdenominational, city-wide teams of healing and deliverance prayer ministry.
Based on the principles of my books:
Free to Be Like Jesus! — Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance and
First the Spirit — Right Alignment of Spirit, Soul, and Body

September 10
Celebration Fundraiser for Messiah Ministries!
Hosted in Fredericksburg, Texas at The Venue at Rafter E Ranch.
Please click the Links Above for a Ticket and Information.

September 11
Starting a 6 Weeks Equipping Series at Bridge Church same time as the 9:00 Service as part of the discipleship plan at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas.
6 Week Survey Freedom Equipping Course: Based on my Book Free to Be Like Jesus. All are Welcome.

September 13
9 Month Weekly Freedom Equipping Course: Based on my Book Free to Be Like Jesus at Bridge on Tuesday Nights at 6:00 at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg. All are welcome.

October 7-8
Revival at the Barn! at Yee Haw Ranch in Fredericksburg, Texas

October 21-23
Mens' Retreat in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri, where I'll be teaching and equipping on Freedom Prayer Ministry.

November 17-19
Teaching our Level 2 Weekend Intensive School of Ministry in Lampasas, Texas

Wednesday Mornings
Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Inner Healing and Deliverance Ministry Sessions for the Online Connect Groups from around the world.

Personal Ministry Appointments
Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute
Free On-line Video Series
Setting Hearts Free!
My Core Teaching and Ministry