Tuesday, May 16, 2023

After God’s Own Heart - May 16, 2023

 

Morning by Morning, May 16 - After God’s Own Heart

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I speak out Your name, I listen for Your leading -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...

 

“I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will” (Acts 13:22 from 1 Samuel 13:14).

 

David was a man after Your heart. And by the grace of God, so am I. I’m after Your heart. I’m after Your character, after Your nature, after Your Spirit, after Your Presence.

 

I’m after Your whole purpose for my life, after all Your will through my life. I’m after all the plans You have for me -- for my good and not my harm, for my future full of hope (Jeremiah 29:11; Psalm 139:16; Romans 8:29).

 

I’m after You. Pursuing You. Pressing into You. Holding nothing back from You. Hungering and thirsting for more of You.

 

And by the grace of God, I believe I’ll catch You. Because You’re the very One who’s put this desire and passion to pursue You, to go after You with all my heart and mind and soul and strength within me. You give us the desires of our heart because You’re the One who puts Your desires in our hearts.

 

As Your Word invites us, “Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart” (Psalm 37:4). “Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you” (Matthew 6:33). “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled” (Matthew 5:6). “Pursue love” (1 Corinthians 14:1).

 

David had his issues. And so do I. But despite his issues, despite his failures, he never let down and never slowed up in his passionate pursuit of what mattered the most -- his passionate pursuit of the One who mattered the most. And neither will I.

 

It’s all by Your grace (John 15:5). And I thank You every moment of every day for that grace -- the grace of God to be a man after God’s own heart -- as Your Spirit keeps working in me to keep making me more like You every day (Romans 8:29; 1 Corinthians 6:17; Philippians 2:13; 1 John 4:17; 2 Peter 1:4). Lord, let it be so -- here in my heart and here in my pursuit today. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

 

My friend, may you be filled a passion to pursue the heart of God, never letting down, never slowing up, by the grace of God, in Jesus' name. God bless you!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

Mailing Address:

412 S. Adams Street #148

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


May 21

Teaching my class Free to Be Like Jesus at 9:00 am at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas. (6 week series on Sunday Mornings)

Based on my Books Free to Be Like Jesus and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


May 25-29

Ministry in Mexico City are at several churches and different settings for our Freedom Encounters of inner healing, deliverance, evangelism, and prayer for revival.


June 1

Speaking at Boerne, Texas Lighthouse of Aglow International Ministries. The Kendall Inn at 7pm


June 15

Speaking at San Antonio, Texas Evening Aglow 7PM

Hosted at Friendship Church, 14015 San Pedro. Contact Hannah for details: sa.aglow.evening@gmail.com


July 17-31

Preaching an Evangelistic Crusade in Kenya!


Tuesday Nights (September through May)

Teaching my Free to Be Like Jesus course at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas. Based on my Books Free to Be Like Jesus and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Wednesday Mornings

Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups from around the world.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free!

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays