Monday, May 15, 2023

“Follow His Steps” as He Forms His Nature and Character in You - May 15, 2023

 

Morning by Morning, May 15 - “Follow His Steps” as He Forms His Nature and Character in You

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as I begin my day seeking to follow in Your steps. ...

 

“For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps” (1 Peter 2:21).

 

You are my Savior and You are also my Example. You are my Lord and You are also my Leader.

 

By the power of Your grace and the leading of Your Spirit, I seek to follow You. Just as Your said to Your first disciples, You continue to say to every disciple, “Come, follow Me” (Matthew 4:19).

 

And not only do You say, “Come, follow Me;” You also say, “Come, be more like Me.” ...

 

How do I become more like You, Lord? ...

 

As I wait and listen, I believe I hear this in my spirit:

 

“You become more like Me as you allow Me to live in you, as you allow Me to shape how you think and direct how you respond, yielding to My nature and My character, while I form My nature and My character in you and in every one of My true disciples. For My true disciples come and follow Me. My true disciples allow Me to come and make them more like Me -- more and more every day.” ...

 

Yes, Lord. These Scriptures from Your Word immediately come to mind from Your written Word to confirm what I believe I’m hearing in my heart as Your spoken words:

 

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing” (John 15:4-5).

 

“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love” (John 15:9-10).

 

“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him” (John 14:23).

 

“Because I live, you will live also. At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him” (John 14:19-21).

 

Come, Lord Jesus. Come “manifest (Yourself) to (me).” Come “manifest” Your nature and Your character within me. Make me more like You each day. For as You are, so are we to be in our world by Your Spirit abiding in our hearts (1 John 4:17). In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

 

My friend, may you be conformed into the image of the Son of God, as He makes you more like Him each day, while you follow Him and allow Him to shape your nature and character by His Spirit abiding in you, in Jesus' name. God bless you!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

Mailing Address:

412 S. Adams Street #148

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


May 21

Teaching my class Free to Be Like Jesus at 9:00 am at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas. (6 week series on Sunday Mornings)

Based on my Books Free to Be Like Jesus and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


May 25-29

Ministry in Mexico City are at several churches and different settings for our Freedom Encounters of inner healing, deliverance, evangelism, and prayer for revival.


June 1

Speaking at Boerne, Texas Lighthouse of Aglow International Ministries. The Kendall Inn at 7pm


June 15

Speaking at San Antonio, Texas Evening Aglow 7PM

Hosted at Friendship Church, 14015 San Pedro. Contact Hannah for details: sa.aglow.evening@gmail.com


July 17-31

Preaching an Evangelistic Crusade in Kenya!


Tuesday Nights (September through May)

Teaching my Free to Be Like Jesus course at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas. Based on my Books Free to Be Like Jesus and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Wednesday Mornings

Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups from around the world.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free!

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays