Monday, May 22, 2023

My Daily Journey “Morning by Morning” in Prayer - May 22, 2023

 

Morning by Morning, May 22 - My Daily Journey “Morning by Morning” in Prayer

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I begin this day seeking Your face, listening for Your voice, and waiting for the leading of Your Spirit. ...

 

“The Lord God has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning He awakens; He awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught” (Isaiah 50:4 NASB).

 

“Morning by morning” You awaken me and bring me into this place of Your Presence, as I listen and wait for Your leading. You have for over twenty years now of this spiritual journey of growing in spiritual intimacy with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. And then I follow Your leading to share the words I hear in my heart and the impressions and images and Scriptures that come to my spirit with those who join me on this journey.

 

I do pray these simple prayers help them draw nearer to You, to be sustained with a word when they’re weary, encouraged and lifted up when they’re discouraged or stuck, filled with a deeper hunger and pursuing thirst for closer intimacy with You, and set ablaze with a fiery passion for more of You -- just as You’re doing with me “morning by morning” before I send out these words of prayer to them.

 

Thank You for the freedom to be honest and real, transparent and true, in these morning expressions of my heart in my pursuit of Your Presence. Right out of bed, with my first cup of coffee, sinking into my prayer chair with my spirit and my laptop open for the leading of Your Holy Spirit, You’ve given me a persistent passion to spend these first moments of every morning with You.

 

Take me deeper, Lord. Lift me higher, Lord. Draw me closer, Lord.

 

As David expressed his morning prayers to You:

 

“Give ear to my words, O Lord,

Consider my meditation.

Give heed to the voice of my cry,

My King and my God,

For to You I will pray.

My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord;

In the morning I will direct it to You,

And I will look up” (Psalm 5:1-3).

 

This is my way of looking up, of listening up, of lifting up my heart to You in worship and prayer in these first moments of my morning to start of my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit of the Living God. You meet me here -- Heart to heart, Spirit to spirit, Deep to deep -- in the communion of prayer “morning by morning.”

 

And this is one of Your ways of making me more like You, “morning by morning,” step by step, one day at a time, “from glory to glory:”

 

“Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord” (2 Corinthians 3:17-18).

 

“The one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him” (1 Corinthians 6:17).

 

Make me one spirit with You, Lord. Put Your thoughts in my mind, Your desires in my heart, Your words in my mouth, as You sustain me with Your words and draw me near by Your Spirit “morning by morning” on my daily journey with You. And make me more like You each day (Romans 8:29; 1 John 4:17; 2 Peter 1:4). In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

 

My friend, may you be drawn close to God and conformed into His image from glory to glory as you pursue Him -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- in the deep communion of prayer "morning by morning", in Jesus' name. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

Mailing Address:

412 S. Adams Street #148

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


May 23

Final Class of the year and Prayers of Impartation and Anointing for my Tuesday Night Free to Be Like Jesus class at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas. Join us for the Next Class in September in person or connected online.

Based on my Books Free to Be Like Jesus and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


May 25-29

Ministry in Mexico City area at several churches and different settings for our Freedom Encounters of inner healing, deliverance, evangelism, and prayer for revival.


Rocio and I will be preaching and ministering at a different church every night (Wednesday through Sunday) and really welcome all your prayers for us and for those we'll be ministering to! Thank you!


June 1

Speaking at Boerne, Texas Lighthouse of Aglow International Ministries. The Kendall Inn at 7pm All are welcome!


June 15

Speaking at San Antonio, Texas Evening Aglow 7PM

Hosted at Friendship Church, 14015 San Pedro. Contact Hannah for details: sa.aglow.evening@gmail.com All are welcome!


July 17-31

Preaching an Evangelistic Festival in Kenya! I'll be part of a team of evangelists and intercessors sharing the Gospel in outdoor meetings, prisons, universities, orphanages, street ministry in Nyeri, Kenya, led by Wesley Paul Ministries. Over 150 Churches and ministry alliances across all denominations are hosting us!


September 9

Save the Date! Messiah Ministries' Annual Celebration and Fundraiser. Please make plans to come join us if you can. This year hosted at the YO Ranch Conference Room Kerrville, Texas.


Tuesday Nights (September through May)

Teaching my Free to Be Like Jesus course at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas. Based on my Books Free to Be Like Jesus and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Every Wednesday Morning

Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups from around the world.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free!

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays