Friday, May 19, 2023

Spiritual Roots of Anxiety Bear Fruit of Depression; but Spiritual Roots of God’s Good Words Bear Fruit of Gladness, Peace, and Joy - May 19 2023

 

Morning by Morning, May 19 - Spiritual Roots of Anxiety Bear Fruit of Depression; but Spiritual Roots of God’s Good Words Bear Fruit of Gladness, Peace, and Joy

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Arise in my heart and shine through my life today. ...

 

“Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression,

But a good word makes it glad” (Proverbs 12:25).

 

As I begin my day, fill my heart with Your Good Word. Let Your Word be a Lamp to my feet and a Light to my path (Psalm 119:105). The Good News of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God will make me glad, as I hear it and as I share it (Luke 4:43).

 

As the root of anxiety bears the fruit of depression, let the root of Your good words, rooted and grounded and springing forth from the Word of God, bear the fruit of gladness and peace and joy.

 

Your words are Truth; Your words are Spirit; Your words are Life (John 6:63).

 

You are Love (1 John 4:8). And Your words are expressions of Your love. And they are better than life.

 

“I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld Your power and Your glory. Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You. I will praise you as long as I live, and in Your name I will lift up my hands” (Psalm 63:1).

 

So let Your words of Spirit and Life fill my heart. Let Your words of Love and Life cast out all fear, all anxiety and lift off all depression, all discouragement, all heaviness of heart. “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear” (1 John 4:18). “For (You have) not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7). So we can cast all our cares, all our anxieties upon You, for You care for us (1 Peter 5:7).

 

You uproot from within us all that bear the fruit of depression, discouragement, and heaviness of heart. In its place, You comfort all who mourn in sadness or weariness or sorrow:


“To give them beauty for ashes,

The oil of joy for mourning,

The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;

That they may be called trees of righteousness,

The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified” (Isaiah 61:3).

 

Let it be so in me. And let it be so in every heart who would receive any words You would speak through me today on my journey of faith with You.

 

As Your Word calls us and commissions us, "If anyone speaks, let him speak as the utterances of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever” (1 Peter 4:11). In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

 

My friend, may you be filled with gladness and peace and joy as God's Good Words are rooted in your spirit, uprooting any anxieties and casting out any fear, in Jesus' name. God bless you!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

Mailing Address:

412 S. Adams Street #148

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


May 21

Teaching my class Free to Be Like Jesus at 9:00 am at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas. (6 week series on Sunday Mornings)

Based on my Books Free to Be Like Jesus and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


May 25-29

Ministry in Mexico City area at several churches and different settings for our Freedom Encounters of inner healing, deliverance, evangelism, and prayer for revival.


June 1

Speaking at Boerne, Texas Lighthouse of Aglow International Ministries. The Kendall Inn at 7pm All are welcome!


June 15

Speaking at San Antonio, Texas Evening Aglow 7PM

Hosted at Friendship Church, 14015 San Pedro. Contact Hannah for details: sa.aglow.evening@gmail.com All are welcome!


July 17-31

Preaching an Evangelistic Festival in Kenya! I'll be part of a team of evangelists and intercessors sharing the Gospel in outdoor meetings, prisons, universities, orphanages, street ministry in Nyeri, Kenya, led by Wesley Paul Ministries. Over 150 Churches and ministry alliances across all denominations are hosting us!


Tuesday Nights (September through May)

Teaching my Free to Be Like Jesus course at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas. Based on my Books Free to Be Like Jesus and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Every Wednesday Morning

Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups from around the world.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free!

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays