Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Opened Eyes and an Opened Heart - August 15, 2023

Click the Link Above to Listen.


Morning by Morning, August 15 - Opened Eyes and an Opened Heart

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice here in these first moments of my morning, for Your sheep hear Your voice and follow You (John 10:27). ...

 

As I wait for Your leading, this older worship song is rising up in my heart:

 

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord.

Open the eyes of my heart.

I want to see You. ...*

 

Yes, Lord. I want to see You. Your Word comes to mind, expressed through the prayer of the Apostle Paul for the opening of our eyes and our hearts to see You and know You and follow You in Ephesians chapter 1:

 

“For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which He has called you, what are the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His great might that He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things under His feet and gave Him as Head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all” (Ephesians 1:15-23).

 

So remove every form of spiritual blindness from my eyes. Remove every form of spiritual hardness from my heart. Take away all confusion, deception, and doubt. Give me eyes to see and faith to believe “what are the riches of (Your) glorious inheritance in (me and every one of Your) saints.” Give me a heart to expect and to receive “the immeasurable greatness of (Your) power toward (me and every of us) who believe.”

 

That’s what comes when I have eyes to see You and faith to believe You -- the One who fills my eyes with Your Light and my heart with Your Truth, “who fills all in all.”

 

That’s what happens when Your “Spirit of Wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of (You)” comes to open the eyes of my heart so I can see You as You truly are:

 

High and lifted up!

Shining in the Light of Your Glory!

Pouring out Your Power and Love,

As we cry, “Holy! Holy! Holy!”

 

Yes, Lord. By the power of Your grace, Your mercy, and Your love, I begin my day with my eyes open to You, my heart open to You, my faith expectant toward You to come and shine through my life everywhere You send me in my world. Jesus, be high and lifted up in heart and every moment of my day, drawing people to You and the Light of Your Glory (John 12:32). In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


{First Name} may the eyes of your heart be opened to see Jesus, as He is high and lifted up, shining with the Light of His Glory through your life today, in Jesus' name. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!


*"Open the Eyes of My Heart" song written by Paul Baloche


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

Mailing Address:

412 S. Adams Street #148

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org


My Books on Inner Healing, Spiritual Freedom and Spiritual Intimacy with God are Available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Setting hearts free to be all they were created to be

--Free to Be Like Jesus--

secure in their identity, growing in maturity, fulfilling their destiny"