Thursday, December 29, 2005

"Write the Vision" 12-29-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Open my eyes to see where You are leading and open my ears to hear what You are saying. I watch and wait in the stillness of the morning. ... Habakkuk's looked to see the wickedness and destruction, injustice and oppression all around him in his generation. The desire to see change turned his heart to You in the cries of his prayers. The more his heart broke with what he allowed himself to see, the more determined he became to pray through until he heard You answer. In the holy tenacity of persevering faith, he declared, "I will stand at my watchpost, and station myself on the rampart; I will keep watch to see what He will say to me, and what He will answer concerning my complaint" (Habakkuk 2:1). You heart became his heart as the burdens of Your heart became the burdens of his heart. You answered his questions and his cries, commanding from heaven, "Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so that a runner may read it. For there is still a vision for the appointed time; it speaks of the end and it does not lie. If it seems to tarry, wait for it; it will surely come, it will not delay" (v. 2:2-3). You will come in power to set things right as You come in the glory of the brightness of sun with rays of Your might bursting forth from Your hand (v. 3:4). The earth will shake and the nations will tremble (v. 3:6). "It will sure come, it will not delay." Yet, at the same time, You will reveal Your glory and confront the wickedness of the nations through Your people who are empowered by Your Spirit to accomplish Your will (Isaiah 60 and 61). As Your body and Your people, filled with Your Spirit, we are Your answer to the problems and challenges You open our eyes to see in our generation. Lord, write Your vision on my heart. Let the burdens of Your heart become the burdens of my heart. Give me a holy tenacity and a persevering faith. Let me take my stand in unwavering obedience until I receive Your word, and once I receive it, let me read it as I run to take my place in Your Kingdom to do Your will in my church and my community in my generation. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com