Saturday, December 31, 2005

Day of Transition 12-31-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I worship You, Lord, in every dimension of Your Being -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- with every dimension of my being -- spirit, soul, and body. ... New Year's Eve speaks to me of the day of transition -- from yesterday to tomorrow, from last year to next year, from the past to the future. It reminds me of a passage of Scripture on the importance of embracing our times of transition: "But this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:13-14). I bring before You all that lies behind. I lay down the crowns of every act of obedience by Your grace to Your Word and Your Spirit. I lay down every burden of heaviness and yoke of oppression, every disappointment and discouragement, every failure and sin. I lay down any desire to linger too long in the satisfaction and celebration of the moments of victory and triumph in the power of Your Spirit to the glory of Your Name. I bring it all to the foot of the Cross and under the Blood of Jesus. Now in this day of transition, I choose to turn and set my sights on the days to come. I choose to press on in Your power to live my life for Your purpose. This is my heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus. By Your grace, I choose to answer Your call. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com