Wednesday, December 07, 2005

"Come Up Here" 12-7-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me up by Your Spirit into the arms of our Father. ... "After this I looked, and there in heaven a door stood open! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, 'Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.' At once, I was in the spirit, and there in heaven stood a throne, with One seated on the throne!" (Revelation 4:1-2) As we look to You in worship and prayer, You open the door to the heavenly realm. You catch us up in the spirit, and open our ears to hear Your voice. As we humble ourselves before You, You are high and exalted, seated on the throne of our hearts. You desire to show us a measure of Your purposes, that we may know a measure of our part in Your plans -- little by little, and step by step, as You lead. Yet even though You opened the door of heaven and spoke to his spirit to come, John had a choice. He could "come up here" or not. He could seek Your face and humble himself to listen for the leading of Your voice or not. And that's a choice You continually set before each of us: "So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth, for you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life is revealed, you also will be revealed with Him in glory" (Colossians 3:1-4). As You revealed Yourself to John, reveal Yourself to me. Catch me up in the spirit every day as I turn my eyes toward You and open my heart to Your leading. By Your grace, I choose to die daily to my flesh and this world, to live in Christ. I choose to come up here with You, setting my mind on You. Cause Your thoughts to become my thoughts and Your desires to become my desires, as my life becomes more hidden with You a little more each day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com