Monday, December 05, 2005

Favored One 12-5-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I turn my eyes toward You and open my heart to the leading of Your Holy Spirit. ... "In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph of the house of David. The virgin's name was Mary. And he came to her and said, 'Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you.' But she was much perplexed by these words and pondered what sort of greeting this might be. Then angel said to her, 'Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God' " (Luke 1:26-30). This is the favor of God -- that You are with us. We need not fear, for we found favor with You the moment we believed You and welcomed You into our hearts and lives. You will never leave us nor forsake us. You continually comfort us with Your Word, "Do not fear, for I am with you" (Isaiah 43:5). Like Mary, I am a favored one. I have nothing to fear, for You have favored me with Your presence in my heart and my home and every area of my life. Though I have not and cannot earn it, You have granted the blessing of Your favor to me by Your grace, as You grant it to all who will humble themselves before You in trusting faith. I humble myself before You again this day, and ponder the greeting of Your grace in my heart. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com