Friday, December 23, 2005

Crucified with Christ 12-23-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit and lead me in Your ways. ... I long for You to be formed in me, for Your nature to become my nature and Your ways to become my ways. Though it is painfully obvious how much of my flesh still needs to die, I thank You for the grace of Your reassurance that I am on the journey. The journey begins again each day as I choose to take up my cross and follow You or set it aside and follow me. Give me the humility and the courage to choose well. To call You "Lord" is to submit to Your "Lordship," to continually decrease as You continually increase. By Your grace and the power of Your Spirit, I choose again today to die to the will of self and live to the will of God. Let me say with Paul more confidently and more truthfully today than yesterday that I "live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:19-20). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com