Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Religious Spirit of Herod 12-27-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I turn my thoughts to You and open my spirit to the leading of Your Spirit. ... Not everyone celebrated Your birth, Lord Jesus. "When Herod saw that he had been tricked by the wise men, he was infuriated, and he sent and killed all the children in and around Bethlehem who were two years old or under, according to the time that he had learned from the wise men" (Matthew 12:16). The false spirit of religion is always threatened by true spiritual relationship. The counterfeit is always threatened by what is real, and seeks to destroy it. Yet, Father, You see the end from the beginning and You know the hearts of men and devils. You sent Your angel to warn Joseph, "Get up, take the Child and His mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is about to search for the Child to destroy Him" (v. 12:13). Father, You entrusted Your Son to the earth and You have entrusted Him into my heart. Give me wisdom to discern the enemies of God who would try to destroy the live of God within my heart. Increase my discernment and sensitivity to Your Spirit to hear Your warnings and obey Your leading. Then the Life You have birthed in my heart will continue to grow into maturity -- into a vibrant and true spiritual relationship with You and never into the lifeless religion that fears the move of Your Spirit in the earth and in my heart. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please remember Messiah Ministries in your Year-End Giving. Your tax-deductible contributions to the Kingdom through our ministries of prayer are deeply appreciated and truly needed. We are completely supported month by month by those the Lord has touched through our ministry. Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Please give generously and may God bless you in overflowing abundance! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com