Thursday, September 14, 2006

Go Tell Your Friends 9-14-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- You are One and You are good. Thank You for being so good to me. Help me share Your goodness with others today. … "As He was getting into the boat, the man who had been possessed by demons begged Him that he might be with Him. But Jesus refused and said to him, 'Go home to your friends, and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and what mercy He has shown you.' And he went away and began to proclaim in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him; and everyone was amazed" (Mark 5:18-20). Sometimes we want to come away with You in the stillness and quiet of the morning and just stay there. Sometimes we want to think of our faith as intensely personal and we want to think of Your power to heal us and free us of the pain and bondage of our lives as a discreet and private matter. Yet You call us to set aside our vanity and proclaim boldly the goodness of Your mercy and the power of Your love. Sometimes we object and say to ourselves, "I'm not like that. I'm shy. I'm more introverted. I'm a private person." But in this story of freedom and restoration, You sent the man to share his testimony with his "friends." It's in these relationships of trust where we have credibility and where those around us can literally see the change in our lives by the power of Your love that we are the most effective witnesses of Your glory. So let me be thankful for the times of intimacy with You in the privacy of prayer and also let me be courageous to share the mercy You have shown me with those You have prepared to hear my testimony of Your power and grace. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I will be traveling to Texas in the morning to teach and minister at a weekend conference on healing and deliverance hosted at my good friend, J. Paul Bruhn's church in Columbus between Houston and Victoria at Columbus United Methodist Church. Come join us if you can and please pray for us if you can't. Come to The Fountain! this Friday night at 7 pm for our ministry's monthly gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship in the chapel of Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Road in Lexington. Come be refreshed and renewed as we drink deeply from the Living Waters. All are welcome! Call us for information at 859-317-1591 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God, ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com