Thursday, September 21, 2006

"Mighty Warriors" 9-21-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Awaken my spirit this day to rise and follow You wherever You lead. … "The following are those who came to David at Ziklag … they were among the mighty warriors who helped him in war…. They helped David against the band of raiders, for they were all warriors and commanders in the army. Indeed from day to day people kept coming to David to help him, until there was a great army, like an army of God" (1 Chronicles 12:1-22). Peace within and war without -- this is to be the constant state of Your disciples in these days. We are to know the peace of Your presence and the favor of Your grace within our hearts even while we are a people at war. We are at war with the ways of the world, the flesh, and the devil. We are at war with this "band of raiders," the spiritual forces of wickedness who seek to steal our peace (Ephesians 6:12).You come to bring us the fullness and abundance of Your life and peace, but we must fight for our peace as "mighty warriors" against our enemy who "comes only to steal and kill and destroy" (John 10:10). You are the God who "trains my hands for war" (Psalm 18:34). You are the God who calls me to come and take my place in Your "great army, like an army of God." You are "the Word of God" who is "Faithful and True," who "in righteousness He judges and makes war," followed by Your "armies of heaven" (Revelation 19:11-16). Teach us how to have Your peace within, even as we war without in the army of God in our life-long battle against the spiritual forces of wickedness and against the rebellious flesh of our own souls. In You, we are "mighty warriors." In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I will probably not have Internet access for my prayers the next few days. This weekend I will be ministering with men from across North Georgia at the United Methodist Men's Retreat at Rock Eagle. Please pray for us as I lead a preparatory time of prayer, fasting, and prayer walking Thursday afternoon through Friday morning, lead a Friday night praise and healing service, teach several workshops Friday and Saturday on topics of healing, deliverance, fasting, prayer, and spiritual warfare. I will be busy, but I'm sure I will be receiving as much as I give in such a Spiritually-charged atmosphere and with Maxie Dunnam, one of my spiritual mentors, leading the general sessions this year! Please cover my family in prayer at home while I'm away. God bless you! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com