Sunday, September 10, 2006

"Seek His Presence Continually" 9-10-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. By Your grace, I willingly welcome You into my mind and my heart, to shape my thoughts and form my desires. … "Seek the Lord and His strength, seek His presence continually" (1 Chronicles 16:11). To "seek" is to pursue -- not passively, but actively; not merely accepting Your strength, but desperately depending upon it; not merely allowing Your presence, but earnestly desiring it. "Continually" means without ceasing, without distraction, without hesitation. How would my life be different if I truly depended upon Your strength alone throughout every day? How would my words and my actions be different if I deliberately welcomed Your personal presence into every moment of my day? Often we kind of have a vague sense of Your general presence in our lives, that You are out there somewhere, sometimes listening in or looking in to the matters of our lives. And the truth is, we kind of like it that way. There seems to be less accountability and more liberty to live our lives for ourselves instead of for You. But this call is to seek You continually, not occasionally; to seek You deliberately, not come across You by accident. Lord, put this desire in my heart and this power in my spirit. Give me a holy hunger for more -- more of Your strength, more of Your presence -- never being fully satisfied, continually seeking more of You in my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com . Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794