Tuesday, September 19, 2006

M*A*S*H Unit 9-19-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I offer to You the first-fruits of my thoughts and prayers. Your name is my first thought. Your name is my first word this new day. … As I center my thoughts on You and wait in the silence for the leading of Your Spirit, I hear these words: "Strengthen. Establish, Encourage, Comfort." Yes, Lord. What do You mean? In my spirit, I see a picture of an old Army tent like the ones the helicopters always flew over at the beginning of the television show M*A*S*H -- for Mobile Army Surgical Hospital. It seems I hear You say: "Strengthen the stakes and cords of the tent of Your heart. Establish a safe perimeter in the power and authority I have given you to go where I send you. Encourage those You find there to come in to the place of my healing and grace. Comfort them with the comfort I have given you, My son." Yes, Lord. I think of Your Word in Isaiah 54: "Enlarge the site of your tent, and let the curtains of your habitation be stretched out; do not hold back; lengthen your cords and strengthen your stakes. For you will spread out to the right and to the left, and your descendants will possess the nations and will settle the desolate towns" (54:2-3). And I think of the prayer of Jabez: "Oh, that You would bless me and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from hurt and harm" (1 Chronicles 4:10). Thank You for establishing me and strengthening me in trusting faith of Your goodness and grace. Thank You for encouraging me and comforting me so that I may be an encouragement and comfort to others whenever You send me into battle to minister Your healing life and transforming power on the front lines of the enemy in a broken, fallen world. "As you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving" (Colossians 2:6-7). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com