Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Through Tragedy and Triumph 9-26-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You, Lord, to be with me through the tragedies and triumphs of every moment of my life. ... "But now thus says the Lord, He who created you O Jacob, He who formed you O Israel: Do not fear for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior" (Isaiah 43:1-3). While I was away this weekend, tragedy struck our community again. Two young women were swept under the flood waters at the edge of the University of Kentucky campus. Their lives on earth are over. When I heard the news, I wondered -- as I always do -- were their hearts right with you? Will their families and friends have a firm faith to hold on to through the hard days and hard questions ahead? We are not promised immunity from pain and tragedy in a broken, fallen world longing and groaning for the redemption and restoration of all things and to be "set free from its bondage to decay" (Romans 8:18-25). Instead, You warn us that in the brokenness of this world, there will be waters and rivers and fires that we must pass through. But we need not pass through them alone. And we need not fear even when we face them and endure them if You have redeemed us through our faith in You. You are with us through them all. Lord, continue to build my faith in You now so that I am ready to endure the floods and fires of a fallen world. Let me face them all with the peace to know You are with me through them all. Though my life on earth may end one day, my life in You will never end. I can live my life free from the fear of death, knowing You are with me now and You will be with me then. By Your grace, I will triumph over tragedy, with my heart and faith secure in You (Psalm 112:7-8). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, in light of so many recent tragedies in our community, I am going to be leading a one day conference of teaching, worship, and healing ministry, in Lexington on Saturday, October 14th: "From Brokenness to Breakthrough -- healing from grief, sorrow, and pain in a broken world." We will hold this in The Foundry at Centenary United Methodist, 2800 Tates Creek Rd from 9 am to 9 pm. Please come if you can and please keep us in prayer. Pre-register by contacting Marilyn Walker, our Director of Ministries at 859-317-1591 or email at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Please spread the word to your church and friends! To subscribe/unsubscribe or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's and cd's for spiritual transformation, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502: www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship. Daily archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com