Monday, September 11, 2006

What Tomorrow will Bring 9-11-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak to me Your words of truth and life. Set my feet on the path You have for me to walk today. … "Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a town and spend a year there, doing business and making money.' Yet you do not even know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:13-14). On this day five years ago, the world changed for the people of my nation. Terror touched home on a scale beyond any proportion we had ever known. Yet You redeem all things. You cause good to come out of even the most vile and wicked acts of evil if we will humble our hearts and turn to You for Your strength and peace to press on. One way You have redeemed the events of 9-11 is that few take the security and peace of our lives for granted any more. We don't know what tomorrow will bring. We don't know what day may be our last. There is more of sense of living each day in the fullness of that day, not holding on for tomorrow because we don't know what tomorrow holds. You have created each of us for significance, with destiny. You have created each on of us with a sense of eternity in our hearts (Ecclesiastes 3:11). Yet we have but "a little while" to make a difference; then our opportunities vanish like the mist of the morning dew. Lord, give me Your wisdom and grace to live my life fully this day. Let me not waste my opportunities. Let me not wait for tomorrow. Let me live and love and give and serve today. Tomorrow may never come, but by Your grace and in Your power, I can make a difference in someone's life today. Thank You for reminding me that every day is a significant day. Every day, my choices, my actions, and my words carry the significance of eternity (Matthew 12:36 and 25:31-46). Let this be the legacy of 9-11 for me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com . Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794