Sunday, September 03, 2006

Live Life in the Present 9-3-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Awaken my spirit to arise and follow You. … "You turn us back to dust, and say, 'Turn back, you mortals.' For a thousand years in Your sight are like yesterday when it is past, or like a watch in the night. You sweep them away; they are like a dream, like grass that is renewed in the morning; in the morning it flourishes and it is renewed; in the evening it fades and withers" (Psalm 90:3-6). Teach me to live the fullness of life in the present, Lord. I thank You for the past that You have used to make me who I am. I thank You for the future that You will use to shape me into who I will become. And I thank You for today -- "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it" (Psalm 118:24). Remind me to live this day as if it were my last, as if tomorrow I would stand before You and give an account of how I used the talents and the time You gave me. Each day begins fresh and new, but in the evening it fades and withers; it is no more and every opportunity it brought is forever past. By Your grace, teach me to live life fully each day, so that I will not live in regret the next. Each day may be my last day. So thank You for encouraging me and empowering me to live each day in the fullness of life in the present. "As we work together with Him, we urge you also not to accept the grace of God in vain. For He says, 'At an acceptable time I have listened to you, and on a day of salvation I have helped you.' See now is the acceptable time; see, now is the day of salvation!" (2 Corinthians 6:1-2) In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "... Ministering the Healing Love of God, ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794