Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Courage and Strength 9-5-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Before I rise and go to meet the day, I choose to sit and wait to meet my God. … "Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord" (Psalm 27:14). Courage comes when I know I have waited for Your leading. Strength comes when I depend upon Your power. Your grace is sufficient for me; Your power is made perfect in my weakness -- the weakness of my flesh in submission to Your Spirit. "For whenever I am weak" -- courageously and desperately dependant upon You in trusting faith -- "then I am strong" (2 Corinthians 12:8-10). I need Your courage and I need Your strength. Help me wait for Your leading by seeking Your peace and Your power, choosing not to move forward until I have it. Let insecurity, fear, and pride have no place in my choices and no power in my decisions. As best as I can, I submit my plans to Yours, yielding my will to Yours alone. Sometimes the most courageous act is to stand firm and wait until You give the command to move forward in Your time and in Your way. By Your grace, I choose to stand firm, trusting in You to be my strength. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God, ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794