Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My Heart, Your Home 9-27-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I call upon Your name and count upon Your nature. As You increase, help me decrease. Conform my will to Your will, my thoughts to Your thoughts, my desires to Your desires. Make me more like You each day. … "Jesus answered him, 'Those who love Me will keep My word, and My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them. Whoever does not love Me does not love My words; and the word that you hear is not Mine, but is from the Father who sent Me. I have said these things to you while I am still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you' " (John 14:23-26). I love You, Lord, because You first loved me (1 John 4:19). You said my love for You would be revealed in my obedience to keep Your word. And how can I keep Your word, unless I know Your word? Give me a hunger for Your word -- for Your written Word and for Your spoken Word. Open my eyes to see it and open my ears to hear it. Then give me the courage to obey it. Your Word is Your Scripture, "inspired by God" (2 Timothy 3:16). And at the same time, Your Word is so much more than these written, holy words. You are the Word -- the Word of the Father, and the Word of Truth (John 1:1). You are the living fulfillment of all Scripture and all Scripture testifies on Your behalf (John 5:39). Now Your Word comes to life for me by living in me by Your Holy Spirit, as my heart becomes Your home. Make me more sensitive to the leading of Your Word living in me every day. "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:14). By Your grace, I am a son of God because the Word of God and the Spirit of God live in me -- loving me and leading me in Your will and Your ways. You are conforming my nature to Your nature a little more each day as I choose to yield my life to Your life, living in me. "And it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me" (Galatians 2:20). By Your grace, You are making my heart Your home. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, I am going to be leading a one day inner healing conference of teaching, worship, and healing ministry, in Lexington on Saturday, October 14th: "From Brokenness to Breakthrough -- healing from grief, sorrow, and pain in a broken world." We will hold this in The Foundry at Centenary United Methodist, 2800 Tates Creek Rd from 9 am to 9 pm (Morning and Afternoon teaching, worship, and ministry; Evening healing service). Please come if you can and please keep us in prayer. Pre-register by contacting Marilyn Walker, our Director of Ministries at 859-317-1591 or email at DirOfMinistries@aol.com Please forward this note and spread the word to your church and friends! To subscribe/unsubscribe or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's and cd's for spiritual transformation, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502: www.messiah-ministries.org Daily archives of my devotional: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com