Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Remnant of the Faithful 8-1-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I love You and trust You, now I watch for You and wait for You as I start my day with You. ... "Then I Myself will gather the remnant of My flock out of all the lands where I have driven them, and I will bring them back to their fold and they shall be fruitful and multiply. I will raise up shepherds over them who will shepherd them, and they shall not fear any longer, or be dismayed, nor shall any be missing, says the Lord" (Jeremiah 23:3-4). Give me courage to stand firm in the faith, to be found faithful as one who seeks to trust You and obey You as best as I can and all by Your grace. Though at times my sin and my self-centeredness have driven me far from the shelter of Your protection and provision, You are the Good Shepherd who comes after me to draw me back. As the pressures of the world, the flesh, and devil increase in their pull and influence even among those of Your fold, I ask You to hold on to me, to keep coming after me, to keep convicting me, to never let me go. When I am afraid or dismayed, when I feel lost or alone, keep reminding me of home -- my home in Your heart as I welcome You to make Your home in my heart. I want to be among the remnant of Your faithful. "So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace" (Romans 11:5). You choose all who have chosen You by the grace of Your love for us all, "not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9). By Your grace, help me be among those who turn to You in trusting faith to keep drawing me home and holding me close. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com