Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"As He is, So are We" 10-9-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Come be the Center of my thoughts and desires, as I watch and wait for Your leading. ... "God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them. Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness on the day of judgment, because as He is, so are we in this world" (1 John 4:16-17). Lord, let the truth of this Word seep more deeply into my soul -- "because as He is, so are we in this world." This statement would sound like blasphemy if it were not the Word of God. But Your nature is to be my nature; Your ways are to be my ways (2 Peter 1:4). As You are in heaven, so I am to be on earth. As You are in my heart, so I am to be in the world. And at the center of Your nature and Your ways is love. This is the gauge and only standard by which to judge how much I am abiding in You and allowing You to abide in me -- the nature of Your love expressed in my life. This is Who You are and how You are; so this is how I am to be in this world. Give me grace to see this, embrace this, and live this. As my daily actions reflect, I still have far to go; but I choose to believe Your Word and submit to this goal as the standard for my life. As You are, so I choose to be in this world -- all by Your grace and all in Your power. "Lord, let it be with me according to Your Word" (Luke 1:38). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To order our cd's and dvd's on-line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.