Thursday, November 15, 2007

Creativity and Beauty 11-15-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I watch for Your face and listen for Your voice. ... "See, I have called by name Bezalel ... and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with ability, intelligence, and knowledge in every kind of craft, to devise artistic designs, to work in gold, silver, and bronze, in cutting stones for setting, and in carving wood, in every kind of craft" (Exodus 31:2-5). Bezalel was a forerunner who experienced a foretaste under the Old Covenant of all who would be filled with Your Holy Spirit under the New Covenant. You built Your tabernacle with creativity and beauty through the thoughts and hands of those You called by name and anointed with Your Spirit (v. 6). And You continue to build Your dwelling place among us -- not in tents or temples or church buildings -- but here in our hearts, anointing us for Your purposes to display Your creativity and beauty. "But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and all of you have knowledge.... As for you, the anointing that you received from Him abides in you.... And now, little children, abide in Him" (1 John 2:20-27). The other night, my son Elijah came running in from his room, excited, saying, "Mommy, Jesus was talking to me in the air by my bed!" Somewhat astonished, Tricia asked him, "What did He say?" Elijah said, "He just told me to think of something to make Him at school tomorrow." And the next day, with great creativity and joy, our little boy brought home a little clay cross he crafted and painted with such care and childlike faith, no doubt anointed and inspired by the Spirit of God abiding in him. Lord, give me ears to hear You speaking to me -- whether audibly in the air by my bed or here in my heart or with Your thoughts and images in my mind or in whatever means You chose. We are created to hear Your voice (John 10:27). Inspire me and anoint me to do all things for Your glory with Your creativity and beauty. Thank You for anointing my son and all the children of God of every age with Your Spirit to express Your heart through each of us. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Come to The Fountain! This Friday night Nov. 16th at 7 pm for Messiah Ministries' monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship in the chapel of Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd in Lexington. Come be refreshed and renewed as we drink deeply from the Living Waters. My friend Ghuna Kumar of India, apostolic leader with Gospel Friends will be ministering to us http://www.gospelfriends.in/ All are welcome! Call us for information at 859-317-1591 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 http://www.messiah-ministries.org/ Daily Archives: http://www.morningbymorning.injesus.com/