Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Friend and My God 11-13-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You're my Best Friend. ... "No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you. I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from My Father" (John 15:13-15). You are always with me, Your Holy Spirit is always within me, and You always reveal to me the words and will of my Father (v. 14:26). In all three dimensions of Your Being, You teach me Your ways and show me Your nature, as You slowly change mine into Yours in the journey together. Parents want their children to have good friends because good friends spend so much time together and we have a tendency to become like our friends. You want me to spend time with You, to become more like You each day (2 Peter 1:4). By Your grace, and only by Your grace, I am a friend of God and a child of God, being created and conformed to the image of God. "Beloved, we are God's children now; what we will be has not yet been revealed. What we do know is this: when He is revealed, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is. And all who have this hope in Him purify themselves, just as He is pure" (1 John 3:2-3). So thank You for humbling Yourself to hang out with me, my Friend and my God. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, please come join us if you can at The Fountain this Friday Night 11/16 at 7 pm. My good friend I have ministered with from India, Ghuna Kumar, who oversees 700 church plants, an orphanage, Bible College, and sends out evangelists to villages all over south India with be with us to pray for us: www.gospelfriends.in Phil Jackson will lead us in worship. Please spread the word! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.orgOrder our Ministry Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com