Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Entrust and Abide 11-28-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father and Son, abide in me by Your Spirit, I pray. ... "By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us His Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father has sent His Son as the Savior of the world. God abides in those who confess that Jesus is the Son of God, and they abide in God" (1 John 4:13-15). Lord, what does it really mean to "abide in You?" It seems I hear You say, "To abide in Me is to willingly entrust yourself completely to Me, to allow Me to conform you to My nature." Yes, Lord. By Your grace, I welcome You to live in me. Come, Holy Spirit of the Living God, and abide in me (John 14:15-17). Make my thoughts more like Your thoughts and my desires more like Your desires. Teach me and correct me, lead me and change me, to make me more like You each day. I welcome the ark of Your Presence into the tabernacle of my heart. Let the light of Your glory vanquish the darkness of my soul. Let Your cross crucify my flesh. All by your grace and in response to Your love and Your will, I willing entrust myself completely to, as best as I can each moment at a time. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays For my friends in our area, please come join us today at noon downtown at the Kentucky Theater for Worship on Wednesdays with Rob Poindexter. He's making a live recording of a worship CD from the city-wide church at the heart of our city: www.rpm-wow.org Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Order our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com