Monday, November 26, 2007

There's More 11-26-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up the gates of my soul and open up the doors of my heart, that the King of Glory may come in. ... "Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in Me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do great works than these, because I am going to the Father. I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be gloried in the Son. If in My name you ask Me for anything, I will do it" (John 14:12-14). I have tasted and I have seen that You are good. I have heard the mountains tremble and I have seen the fire fall. I have sensed the gentle blowing of the wind of Your Spirit and felt the thickness of Your glory. But I know there's more. All that You did as You walked this earth You want to do through us today and more -- "even greater works than these" -- all in Your power, all in Your name, all in Your grace, "that the Father may be gloried in the Son." Let us not, let me not settle for anything less. We are "the body of Christ" on earth (1 Corinthians 12:27). We are to be continually filled with "the Spirit of Christ" (Romans 8:9). And we are to continue the ministry of Christ throughout all the earth, teaching what You taught, doing what You did, living like You lived (Matthew 28:18-20). The same Spirit that raised You from the dead now dwells in us (Romans 8:11). There's more because You said there's more. So do what You need to do in me and in my church and in the body of Christ throughout the earth in our generation to step into the fullness of our calling and the fulfillment of Your prophecy -- "If in My name you ask Me for anything, I will do it." That's the kind of church the world is literally dying to see. That's the kind of church You literally died for us to be. That's the kind of church You will return to receive (Ephesians 5:27). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Subscribe/unsubscribe by email to Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God" 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.orgOrder our Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com