Sunday, November 04, 2007

Open the Doors of the Temple 11-4-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Open the eyes of my heart; open the ears of my spirit. I want to see what You are doing and hear what You are saying. ... "In the first year of Hezekiah's reign, in the first month, he opened the doors of the house of the Lord and repaired them. He brought in the priests and the Levites ... and said to them, "Listen to me, Levites! Sanctify yourselves, and sanctify the house of the Lord, the God of your ancestors, and carry out the filth from the holy place.... for the Lord has chosen you to stand in His presence to minister to Him, and to be His ministers and make offerings to Him (2 Chronicles 29:3-11). In Christ, under the new covenant, we are all the priests of Your kingdom and our lives are the temple of Your Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 3:17). "To Him who loves us and freed us from our sins by His blood, and made us to be a kingdom, priests serving His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever" (Revelation 1:6). You call me to come and minister to You in worship and prayer. But first, I must open the doors of the temple of my heart wide to You, to allow You to search me and cleanse me and sanctify me of everything in me that is not yet holy. Then I can stand, unashamed and unrestrained, in Your presence with clean hands and a pure heart, through the grace of the sacrifice of Your blood. And as in the days of the cleansing of the temple in Hezekiah's day, I will rejoice in all that You have done (2 Chronicles 29:36). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, the Holy Spirit is cleansing our hearts and filling our spirits at the iPray Summit I'm leading his weekend at Grace on the Hill United Methodist Church in Corbin, Kentucky (6 pm Sat night; 10:30 Sun morning; 5 pm Sun night) www.graceonthehill.org I pray the same for you and your church! Thank you for covering us in prayer. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.orgOrder our Ministry Resources On-Line: www.shop.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com