Monday, January 12, 2015

Morning by Morning, January 12 - More like Him

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I call on Your name and welcome Your Spirit to draw every dimension of my being into deeper intimacy with every dimension of Your Being --Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...

"May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The One who calls you is faithful, and He will do this" (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24).

Faithful One, do this in me. Sanctify me in "spirit and soul and body." Keep me sound --healthy, healed, whole, and secure. Keep me blameless --repentant of sin, cleansed by Your blood, embracing Your mercy and grace, forgiven and free. 

By the power of Your grace, I "have been chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit to be obedient to Jesus Christ and to be sprinkled with His blood" (1 Peter 1:2). "For this is the will of God, (my) sanctification" (1 Thessalonians 4:30).

I can't do it. I can't deserve it, earn it, or make it happen. But I can willingly choose to humble myself to be desperately dependent upon You alone to be at work in me. Conform me into Your image. Align my heart with Your desires and my mind with Your thoughts to will what is right and to do what is right:  "For it is God who is at work in (me), enabling (me) both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). 

So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose this day to embrace the standard of Your will and the work of Your Spirit. Make me more like You today (Romans 8:29). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Spirit of Christ will be at work in you to make You more like Jesus each day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, thank you for all your prayers for us as we had the honor and joy of teaching and ministering inner healing for he Oak Hills Church missionaries from around the world on a retreat at Horseshoe Bay. They came from Brazil, Haiti, El Salvador, Burkina Faso, Sudan, Mexico, and the United States (oakhillschurch.com/longtermmissions). We truly believe it was a powerful time in the Presence of the Lord with encouragement, healing, renewal and a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit for each of them and all of us. I pray the same for you!

  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!